William J. Smith represents clients in foreclosure, title, and eviction litigation, landlord-tenant matters, employment law, business and commercial law, and consumer protection and whistleblower law. William has litigated cases in the Georgia Court of Appeals, the Georgia Supreme Court, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. William has successfully obtained settlements and loan modifications on behalf of his clients from several major loan servicers throughout the country. William has also successfully obtained settlements for his clients in employment, whistleblower, and business/commercial law matters from numerous Fortune 500 companies.
William received a Juris Doctor and Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research and Drafting from Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law. While in law school, William participated in the Robert F. Wagner National Labor & Employment Law Moot Court Competition as both a team member and coach, and won the 2011 ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law. William also received a Master of Business Administration from Mercer University’s Stetson School of Business.
William received his undergraduate degree from Duke University, where he was a member of the football team.
Prior to opening SMITH LAW, William worked at a plaintiffs’ law firm representing individuals in foreclosure, title and eviction litigation, landlord tenant matters, and employment law; and at a defense firm representing banks, lenders, loan servicers, and other insured parties in title, foreclosure, eviction, and bankruptcy litigation.
William is married to Louise N. Smith. They are the proud parents of Alana and William Smith.
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Labor and Employment Law Committee
- J.D., Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University
- M.B.A. (magna cum laude), Stetson School of Business, Mercer University
- B.A., History and Religion, Duke University
- All Magistrate, State, and Superior courts in the State of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals